After the plenary session, ForSE 2008: Forum for Social Entrepreneurs will break into multiple tracks to maximize interaction between attendees. Within each track we will have:
- An in-depth discussion with a panel of practitioners and experts in that field.
- A case study discussion with an emerging social entrepreneur to review and provide feedback on their business challenges.
- Additional “How to” workshops and panels.
The six tracks themes are:
- Adapting to Climate Change
- Mobile Solutions for the Masses
- Beyond Microfinance: Opportunities for change
- Sustainable Ventures for non-profits
- Building a Sustainable Food Supply
- Cultivating a Generation -Engaging Young Entrepreneurs
Here is a description of one of the tracks.
Mobile Solutions for the Masses
The internet and personal computers have had a significant impact on the developing world. The advent of cell phones provided a cheap technology platform that has penetrated the farthest reaches of the world. No place better exemplifies this than India, with over 8.5 million additional subscribers in 2007, making it the country with the second largest wireless subscriber base. The cheap and pervasive technology platform has spawned a number of innovative solutions to address the social challenges at bottom of the pyramid, such as access to finance, illiteracy, and health care. This track will highlight some of these innovative solutions that have a significant potential for impact in the developing world.
Click here to register as only the first 180 registrants will get the discounted fees.