I had the chance to visit Agastya’s operations in Hubli earlier this year. Agastya is a NGO based in India that is hoping to transform the educational system by making it more interactive, experimental and interesting for children. Recently Ramji Raghavan, Agastya’s founder visited Boston and I had occasion to meet and hear him speak passionately about why he started Agastya after a career in banking. It was wonderful to hear and see some of the videos he brought along about the great progress and impact that the organization is having.
July 2019 M T W T F S S « Jan 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31
- Opening panel at the Philanthropy and the SDGs session at the @UN HLPF with @dasra founder Neera Nundy. https://t.co/UwNrzT9IdA 25 minutes ago
- RT @SustDev: Starts now: #Philanthropy4SDGs event on the sidelines of #HLPF. Hear from UN Deputy Secretary-General @AminaJMohammed, the @UN… 36 minutes ago
- RT @synergos: Today's #Philanthropy4SDGs events at the UN will be lived streamed at webtv.un.org starting at 10am ET Philanthrop… 36 minutes ago
- Honored to speak on a panel @UN on Philanthropy and the #SDGs #Philanthropy4SDGs @SustDev Session opened by Deputy… twitter.com/i/web/status/1… 37 minutes ago
- RT DFstartups Glad to have Dr. Desh Deshpande, Founder, Deshpande Foundation Mr. J V Ramamurthy, Senior Advisor, H… twitter.com/i/web/status/1… 10 hours ago
- David Crowley on 12 wonderful wishes you can share for 2012
- Increase your nonprofit’s web marketing impact in 11 simple steps | The Social Ecosystem on How to get started with Twitter to get your message out
- Raj Melville on An amazing lineup for ForSE 2010 and there is still time to register!
- Raj Melville on Innovative models for Social Change
- Raj Melville on Grameen and Continuum partner to address talent gap in microfinance
- Acumen Fund Agricultural Development Ashoka Babson college Barack Obama BOP Boston Climate Change Community service computers Conference ecosystem Education elevator pitch energy Entrepreneur Food Security Food Supply ForSE ForSE 2008 Global Warming grameen Health Hubli India Information Technology innovation international development internet Karnataka Maharashtra MassChallenge micro-finance microcredit microfinance MIT Mobile mobile technology New Profit non-profit Philanthropy Pitch contest Politics Poverty poverty alleviation renewable energy Rural Development Rural Education Sanitation Schools Service Service Corps Social Business Social Ecosystem Social Entrepreneur social entrepreneurship Social Impact social Innovation Social Investment Social Media startup sustainability sustainable development Sustainable ventures Twitter Venture Capital venture fund venture philanthropy Wall Street Journal Water Water Centric womens issues youth Youth entrepreneurship yunus