More Photos from my trip to BAIF center in rural Hubli
Dr. Bhat and Naveen Jha, Director of Deshpande Center, show visiting Spanish professor around BAIF center
Arid fields before BAIF implementation begins. Note rainwater ditches and mud dams to catch flowing rain water.
The saplings on right are young mango trees that will grow and provide shade, soil retention and fruits
Visiting a farm after the BAIF treatment. After 6 years the farm in the same region,has
an orchard of mango trees and lush greenery.
Vermiculture pits. Here earthworms help create a rich compost from farm waste and clippings.
Farmers now earn a steady income by selling this to horticulturists and vegetable farmers in the market.
Sunset over Rural Hubli
October 2016 M T W T F S S « Sep 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31
- Three university presidents, one shared entrepreneurial vision
- Why can’t we sell Charity like Perfume?
- 12 wonderful wishes you can share for 2012
- Startups have a chance to share $1 Million in prizes in MassChallenge, world’s largest competition
- 45 Finalists to Raise $200,000 and vie for a slot in this year’s Unreasonable Institute
- The grand prize winner $1000 for Phoenix Rising Pizza @EforAll_LL #LifesAPitch https://t.co/6gzqROZHIO 22 hours ago
- #LifesAPitch @EforAll_LL second place winner at pitch contest $750 to Flaire. @Prof_STello with team https://t.co/oyBJCoc6DN 22 hours ago
- Root Compost. Wins third prize $500 @EforAll_LL #LifesAPitch https://t.co/ZBEhcr9y3N 22 hours ago
- The Bennett Brothers win $500 as fan favorite. So much the crowd favorite. https://t.co/diThsBthBp 22 hours ago
- RT @EforAll_LL: The youngest #entrepreneurs to ever pitch at an @eforall pitch contest! The Bennett Brothers Balm! twitter.com/rajmelville/st… 23 hours ago
- David Crowley on 12 wonderful wishes you can share for 2012
- Increase your nonprofit’s web marketing impact in 11 simple steps | The Social Ecosystem on How to get started with Twitter to get your message out
- Raj Melville on An amazing lineup for ForSE 2010 and there is still time to register!
- Raj Melville on Innovative models for Social Change
- Raj Melville on Grameen and Continuum partner to address talent gap in microfinance
- Acumen Fund Agricultural Development Ashoka Babson college Barack Obama BOP Boston Climate Change Community service computers Conference ecosystem Education elevator pitch energy Entrepreneur Food Security Food Supply ForSE ForSE 2008 Global Warming grameen Health Hubli India Information Technology innovation international development internet Karnataka Maharashtra MassChallenge micro-finance microcredit microfinance MIT Mobile mobile technology New Profit non-profit Philanthropy Pitch contest Politics Poverty poverty alleviation renewable energy Rural Development Rural Education Sanitation Schools Service Service Corps Social Business Social Ecosystem Social Entrepreneur social entrepreneurship Social Impact social Innovation Social Investment Social Media startup sustainability sustainable development Sustainable ventures Twitter Venture Capital venture fund venture philanthropy Wall Street Journal Water Water Centric womens issues youth Youth entrepreneurship yunus